How Can We Help?
Playback Without Audio
How do I play a video when my computer has no audio?
If you are using a device that does not have audio capability or you have the need to use closed captions, there is a simple process you can use to enable our automatic closed captioning system.
Once you have found the video you would like to play, click the Play icon to start playing the video.
To turn on closed captions, hover your mouse over the video window and click the closed caption icon in the bottom right of the screen. This will enable closed captions.
If you are experiencing issues such as a button is clicking/working or the page is acting strange here are a few steps you can take.
- Refresh/Reload the page and see if the issue is fixed.
- If you are on a page that involves filling out information such as a profile or program, make sure all the mandatory fields are filled out. You should receive a notification that a necessary field is missing if this is the case.
- If the problem still persists, log out of Cyrano and log back in.
- If none of these solutions work and you are on the mobile app, delete and re-download the app again. Make sure and try all other possible solutions before doing this.
- If that does not work, pleas email email@example.com
How do I add new channels?
For information on adding new channels, see the Creating/Editing Channels section of our Channels article.
How do I add new users?
How do I create contact lists?
For information on how to create a contact list, see the Create/Edit Lists section of our Contact Lists article.
How do I reset my password?
To change your password, go to the Cyrano homepage and click on Profile located in the bottom left corner of the screen. Once you are in the Personal Profile menu, select Change Password . Enter your current password and your new password and click “Change Password”
I didn’t receive an email I was supposed to.
If you were expecting to receive an email and you cannot find it, here are a few things that you can try to fix the problem.
- Make sure the “Share to External Emails” box has been checked
- Make sure the email is not going to your spam folder.
- Also see out Add Cyrano to your Safe Sender list article
Clearing your cache
If you are experiencing any of the following, clearing your cache may help fix it:
- Loading Issues
- Broken Buttons (not working, not clicking, etc.)
- Login Issues
- Unseen Bugs
Depending on the type of computer you are using you can clear your cache in a few ways:
- Windows: Press CTRL + FN + F5
- Mac: Press CMD + Shift + R
For more useful information on clearing your cache, click here
Adding Cyrano to Safe Sender in Gmail and Outlook
If you have a Gmail account associated with your Cyrano account, here are the steps to add Cyrano to your Safe Sender list
- Find an email from Cyrano (firstname.lastname@example.org), usually in your Spam folder, and open it
- Click on the “Not Spam” button at the top of the email
- Go to your “All Mail” folder. Open the same email again
- Click on the Move to Inbox
- All emails from Cyrano will now appear in your Inbox
- Find an email from Cyrano (email@example.com), usually in your Junk Email folder, and open it.
- Click on the More Actions button in the top right corner of the email.
- Click on the Add to Safe senders option
- Click “OK” in the pop-up winder
Downloading media from Cyrano to your desktop
Navigate to your media to download
In order to find your media you want to download, navigate to the Create tab on the left side of the screen and click on Media . This will bring you to your Media grid.
Once you have selected the media that you want to download, click on the located to the left of the desired media.
This will bring up the play media window. To download the media, click the green “Download” button in the bottom right. This will let you save the media to any location on your computer.
Adding an email signature to a user’s profile
For more information on profiles, see our My Profile article.
What is an email signature?
Email signatures are a feature in Cyrano that allow you to include a personalized signature/ending to email messages sent to other Cyrano users and external contacts.
How to create an email signature
In order to add an email signature to a user’s profile, log into the user’s account that you want to add the email signature to and navigate to the Profile tab at the bottom left of the page and click on the “Professional Profile” section at the top of the My Profile screen.
At the bottom of the “Professional Profile” there is a section labeled “Signature” Type in your desired email signature in this text field. When you are satisfied with the signature, click on the Channels tab at the top of the page and click the “Submit” button.
I forgot my password
If you have forgotten your password there are two ways to reset it:
- Go to the Cyrano website login page and click the “Forgot Password” link, or click here. Enter the email address that you use for your Cyrano account and click the “Request Link” button below.
- You will be sent a temporary password and a link to reset your password. You will then be taken to a reset password page. Enter your new password to continue to Cyrano’s homepage.
- Open the Cyrano mobile app. Type in the email address you use for your Cyrano account and tap “Log In”. You will be taken to a page to enter your password. Tap “Forgot Password” and enter your Cyrano account email.
- In your email inbox you will have received an email from Cyrano support (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a temporary password and a link to reset your password.
- You will then be taken to a reset password page. Enter your new password and use it to login to the Cyrano mobile app.
If this article did not fully answer any questions you have, please email us at email@example.com with your name, organization, and question. We will answer your question(s) as soon as possible and update this page to better help answer future questions.