This article explains the features and navigation of Recording Tasks on Cyrano’s website
What are Recording Tasks?
Recording Tasks are semi-completed programs, simply lacking video content. A co-worker has the ability to create all aspects of a program complete with a thumbnail, script, subject, recipients, intros and outros, and then send that to another co-worker. The latter co-worker then only needs to record or upload the media themselves
Navigate your Recording Tasks
On the home page of Cyrano’s website, click on the Tasks tab. Click on the tab and you will be able to see all of the clips to be recorded by you. However, using the Cyrano website is not the recommended method of recording video content. Using the web will infringe on your ability to preview a clip before it is sent due to the fact that local files can not be stored on websites. To maximize quality and make full use of all Cyrano features, use the Recording Task tool on the Cyrano mobile app or use your computer with the Cyrano Chrome Plugin. For more information see Mobile App Recording Tasks or Chrome Plugin information.
If you wish to continue with Recording Tasks on the Cyrano website, the steps to record media are as follows:
- Once in the Recording Tasks section, find the row in the grid corresponding to the task you would like to record.
- Click the red recording button on the far left of the row.
- You will be brought to a page with information on the task. You may edit the medias name at the top, add or change the email body under description section, or edit the email subject, recipient, and script under the Script section.
- Under the Media section, select Record Video and then click Start Recording (for more information on the other options, see Creating Content)
- You will see all of the program information at the top of the screen, simply begin by clicking “Start Recording”
- Once you have finished recording, your message will be available for viewing in the Your Programs tab
If this article did not fully answer any questions you have, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, organization, and question. We will answer your question(s) as soon as possible and update this page to better help answer future questions.