This article explains the purpose and usage for the items found under Scripts on the Cyrano website. If your were hoping to create a standard program through this workflow, visit our Programs page.
What are Scripts?
Scripts are a very useful tool in that they are programs that can be created by one person who chooses all the settings, recipients, what to say, etc., that then are sent to someone who just has to record the content. These will then show up as a Recording Task for the recipient.
Accessing your Scripts
On Cyrano’s webpage, access your scripts by navigating to the Create tab on the left side of your screen. There you will see the tab labeled Scripts. Click on this to access and navigate through your scripts or create a new script.
- You can filter through your scripts by channel by clicking individual channel logos at the top of the screen. Only scripts associated with the selected channel will be shown.
- The Script Delivery Date is the date on which the script will be sent to the selected recipient for recording.
- The Go Live Date indicates when it is set to become a viewable program and after this date it will remain viewable until the Expiry Date.
Creating/Editing Scripted Programs
In addition to containing an archive of past and current scripts, you may create new scripted programs. There are several ways to do this. Below is a walkthrough of how to create a single scripted program. For Bulk Uploads, click here.
- Click the Program Script button in the upper right hand corner of the screen. Select the template (for more information on templates, see Templates). If you do not want to use a template, you may skip this.
- Select the Author(s) of the program
- Next you may name the program, include a description, and upload a thumbnail if you choose.
- Write the script for the program author(s)
- If there are media that have already been recorded and you want to include them you may add them.
- The Preview tab will allow you to see what your program will look like when it is sent out. You may also add bumpers, include an exit survey or Call to Action.
- In the Finish tab you may do several different things to your program
- Program Settings: Here you may edit the Go Live and Expiry dates for your program as well as adjust other settings.
- Publish to Cyrano Channels(Optional): Here you may select which channels you want your program to be published to.
- Publish to Cyrano Users(Optional): Here you may select additional Cyrano users to receive your program.
- Publish to Contacts List(Optional): Here you may select a list of users to receive your program.
- Publish to Contact(Optional): Here you may input external non-Cyrano users to receive the program in an email.
This article explains how to utilize our Bulk Upload feature for Scripts (for information on scripts, see Scripts)
What is Bulk Uploading?
Bulk Uploading is a very useful feature when you have to send many scripts out to different users. Simply download the template by clicking the blue link at the bottom of the pop up window that appears when you click the Bulk Upload button in the upper right hand corner of your screen. Open up the csv file in Excel or Google Sheets and fill out the categories as follows:
- Template: Type in the Template you want the program to use (for information on templates, see Templates).
- Author(s) Email: Type in the program author(s) email address. Separate multiple emails with |.
- Program Name/Email Subject: The name of the Program which will also serve as the email subject
- Program Author: The name of the programs author
- Notification Name: What will appear in any notification
- Script: The script for the recipient to read (Enclose script in quotations but don’t use them in your script body)
- Publish Date: When do you want this program to go live. Use the format MM/DD/YYYY
- Publish Time: What time do you want the program to go live. Use military time (24 hr) and the format hh:mm
- Script Delivery Date: When do you want the author to receive the script and recording task. The more time you can give someone before the Publish Date the better. Use the format MM/DD/YYYY
- Script Delivery Time: What time do you want the author to receive the script and recording task. Use military time (24 hr) and the format hh:mm
- Additional Email Recipient(s): Do you want other people to receive this program? Separate multiple emails using |.
- Header: Do you want text as a header?
- Footer: Do you want text as a footer?
- Description: Describe your program (Enclose script in quotations but don’t use them in your script body)
- Additional Channels: Do you want this program to be published to a channel or channels? Type in the channel name(s), separated by |.
- Pre-Clip(s): Do you want an intro clip for your program? Separate multiple clips with |.
- Post-Clips(s): Do you want an outro clip for your program? Separate multiple clips with |.
Once the spreadsheet is filled out, download it as a csv file and upload it.
Click here to download the Script Upload Template
If this article did not fully answer any questions you have, please email us at email@example.com with your name, organization, and question. We will answer your question(s) as soon as possible and update this page to better help answer future questions.